Monday, May 19, 2008

Age of Conan - Early Access

The Early Access for Age of Conan has been by far the most professional, stable, and enjoyable MMO launch I've been a part of. The polish this game has shown is simply unprecedented for an MMO release and I'm very happy to be a part of it from the beginning.

Saturday, May 17th

The day started off staring at the character select/character creator for probably an hour attempting to figure out for sure- which server, class, and race/sex I wanted to play.

I'm as hardcore as they come as a player and decided that a regular PvE server would just not do it in Age of Conan, so I chose to roll on the Tyranny server.

I had wanted to play an assassin since I began following the game during closed beta. I was not a beta player and most of my information was second hand (from betaleaks.com) so making the class decision wasn't difficult but there were (and still are) several questions. I had heard that the class was a one trick poney (strait single target dps), and they weren't as effective at max level. This was very concerning because from what I've seen the game is really focused towards AoE abilities, healing, and damage. I had also heard female animations were slower than male, which I'm sure was true at some point but I'm not sure if it is still true now.

Still, I decided to continue on and roll a female Aquiolonian Assassin despite the aforementioned concerns. On Saturday I played from 5PM EST-1PM EST Sunday, slept for 5 hours, and began playing again. I've found that being new to the game was quite a hindrance leveling up but I'm beginning to make up ground now at 37 as of server downtime Monday.

No comments: